HR Business Analyst
Business Area: HR
Place of Work: Liverpool or London
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
To be the pension service of choice for the higher education sector for the long-term
Working closely with the Chief People Officer and the HR team to support the development and delivery of organisational people related measures, metrics and analytics (including reward) and related insights. The company has a growing focus on developing people-related analytics and insights and is seeking to further build capability in this space.
· Providing subject matter expertise (SME) on people and business data and analytics, with the ability to tell business relevant and compelling stories based on the data and insights.
· In conjunction with the HR Systems and Service Officer, enhance people dashboards including regular KPIs/metrics as well as ad-hoc reporting including generating, reviewing and interpreting data.
· Working closely with the finance reporting team, managing the headcount reporting for the company.
· Submit and support the development of monthly people KPIs, including providing insight, commentary and outlook.
· Support annual compensation review process, particularly with regard to the management of data.
· Drive compensation benchmark activities with market survey data collection, reporting, job matching, and analysis.
· Provide support ad hoc remuneration activities.
· Oversee tracking and reporting of HR projects and deliverables; Risk and Control and other key activities.
· Support the HR leadership team on HR budget planning and quarterly forecasting.
· Support the preparation and analysis of the company’s Engagement Survey. Non-restricted (NR)
Proven HR knowledge and experience working in an information-rich environment
Practical experience of working with HR systems, analytics tools and research methods
Excellent analytical and conceptual skills to solve complex problems
Strong knowledge and appreciation of reward techniques and principles including executive compensation market benchmarking and compensation modelling
Advanced Excel knowledge (pivot tables, V lookups, macros & VBA would be ideal)
Advanced PowerPoint and Word skills
Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
Action orientated highly collaborative with strong internal / external client centricity
Team player who is also able to work alone
• Solid understanding of remuneration regulations affecting Financial Services
• Microsoft Power BI and Business Objects knowledge.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.