Supplier Relationship Manager
Business Area: Group Transformation
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
To be the pension service of choice for the higher education sector for the long-term
The Pensions Business has a number of critical supplier relationships; these provide services that are core to the Pensions proposition and operation. Effective, holistic management of these suppliers is therefore crucial to the business. The Supplier Relationship Manager will ensure the effective management of the key relationships, building trust and cooperation, while maximising the value from those relationships.
• Work with relevant business stakeholders across Operations, Technology, Transformation and Procurement to define the 1st line Supplier Relationship Management framework, communicate the framework and embed it across the business.
• Help communicate the business’ strategic priorities to suppliers and create a strategic plan and corresponding roadmap.
• Inform terms and conditions and ensure they are periodically reviewed to reflect business requirements
• Ensure that the supplier is compliant with terms and conditions of the contract and act as the first point of contact for any contract queries.
• Inform and manage the contract change request process to ensure that they are appropriately considered and actioned in accordance with the required governance.
• Ensure that changes are signed off by the appropriate signatory and that any operational or financial impact is recorded and reflected via a contract change notice.
• Design and implement a governance structure for effective management of suppliers and stakeholders, with defined roles and responsibilities and clear escalation points.
• Organise and facilitate governance meetings with suppliers, ensuring that decisions, actions and issues are recorded, distributed and escalated appropriately.
• In collaboration with the business, determine appropriate key performance and risk indicators that can be used to effectively manage supplier relationships.
• Design and develop Management Information with suppliers.
• Review Management Information and use the output to identify risk, issues and opportunities for improvement / additional value add from the supplier relationships.
• Support the management of issue and conflict resolution with relevant stakeholders and suppliers, ensuring that any escalations are undertaken as per the governance framework
A proven track record of Supplier Relationship Management / Vendor Management / Commercial Management
Experience of managing large (£50m+) multi-service, complex, long term contractual / outsourcing relationships
Proven track record of building and maintaining effective stakeholder and executive level relationships both internally and externally
Strong commercial awareness
Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Financial service experience (pensions in particular)
Knowledge of contract law
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.