Member Experience Specialist
Business Area: Pensions Strategy
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
To be the pension service of choice for the higher education sector for the long-term
Actively identify, drive and champion opportunities to improve the quality of the member experience across the Pensions Business.
• Continually identify opportunities to improve the customer experience using the insight gathered from the various sources within the business (Pension Operations, Member Communications, direct member and employer feedback etc.)
• Present data, recommendations to stakeholders, gain commitment and implement measurable customer experience.
• View all our services from the members’ perspective, continually learn what it is like to be a member, work with groups as required to gain feedback and implement change initiatives.
• Collate and analyse customer expressions of dissatisfaction and complaints - ensuring that experience metrics are improved over time.
• Develop capability and motivate MX Ambassadors to support the delivery of projects.
• Create and provide information and support training on initiatives and changes, so we create experts everywhere.
• Influence senior stakeholders and staff to support the delivery of proposed improvements via the appropriate channels and processes.
• Working with the insight function, facilitate the ongoing evolution of the USS member experience insight requirements.
Managing processes and future focus
Identify multi-channel service improvements and work with the business to improve the customer experience across the business.
Own the USS member journeys to maintain and develop the core member journeys maps with the involvement of MX channel ambassadors and key journey experts throughout.
Manage the multiple streams of member experience work to support idea generation and submission to the MX forum, the management of developed and agreed ideas though to implementation or hand over into Product implementation/Group Transformation.
Fully understand/develop an understanding of all internal and external legislation relevant to the role.
Working with the MX manager, understand the importance of member experience within the business plan and develop those opportunities to deliver continual improvements.
- Experience of working in Financial Service, or similar highly regulated industries
- Experience of facilitating, designing and maintaining customer journey maps
- Digitally savvy – an understanding of the digital landscape and its importance in cost efficiency and business transformation
- Strong analytical experience
- Experience of having worked in customer feedback and voice of customer programmes
- Pension industry knowledge
- Omni-channel experience (Telephony, CRM, Paper, Digital, Social Media etc)
- CXP (Customer Experience Practitioner) Intermediate and/or Practitioner accreditation
- CX related qualifications
- Experience of working in a Customer Service environment
- Experience of working with creative CX tools – i.e. heat-maps, motion and eye tracking capability
- Commercial/marketing experience
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.