Business Area: IT
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
To establish and lead the new Enterprise Architecture function within USS, the primary purpose of which is to ensure that respective functional, data, application and technical architectures are aligned to the organisation's strategic direction, the technology and governance strategies, and policies and standards.
Accountable for providing strategic context, direction, technical roadmaps and standards to drive the technology strategy and business transformational roadmaps, working with a range of senior stakeholders and key 3rd Party suppliers.
• Establish, implement and maintain the Enterprise Architecture function and standards across the USS business, ensuring that these are clearly defined and communicated to key stakeholders and business users.
• Lead the architecture function within USS, including guiding and developing the architects and educating business stakeholders.
• Inputs into & translates business strategy into architecture strategic objectives, developing a technology vision and roadmap to fulfil business ambition and reduce costs.
• Defines and maintains the strategy architecture roadmap for building, enhancing, or replacing business and system capabilities, ensuring clearly defined “as-is” and “to-be” architectures are documented and agreed.
• Extensive experience of setting up and managing the day to day operations of an EA practice including the development of processes, templates etc. and devising architectural standards and designs, iteratively to meet the needs of an organisation.
• Extensive experience in the range of products, tools, templates, techniques, methodologies, practices and processes relating to Enterprise Architecture
• Experience of working in an agile environment and experience with agile methodologies
• Experience of component based architectures and business process automation
• Expertise in large-scale transformations within business critical environments.
• Providing full solutions design for complex systems and services, including developing and implementing solution and enterprise and application architecture in a multi supplier environment.
• Engaging and communicating with a range of stakeholders, up to and including Executive level.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.