Group & Pensions Architect
Business Area: IT
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture function within USS, the primary purpose is to ensure that respective functional, data, application and technical architectures for the Pensions and Group business areas are aligned to the organisation's strategic direction, the technology and governance strategies, and policies and standards.
Accountable for working with various business stakeholders and key 3rd Party suppliers to provide strategic context, direction, technical roadmaps and standards to drive the technology strategy and business transformational roadmaps.
• Assist with establishing, implementing and maintaining the Enterprise Architecture function and standards across the USS business, ensuring that these are clearly defined and communicated to key stakeholders and business users.
• Act as an advocate and evangelist for technologies and following best practice, including coaching, mentoring and leadership of USS staff
• Inputs into & translates business strategy for the Pensions and Group business areas into architecture strategic objectives, developing a technology vision and roadmap to fulfil business ambition and reduce costs.
• Significant and demonstrable experience as a technical / solutions architect
• Creatively interpreting strategy and translating emerging trends and technologies in to a strategic technology roadmap to deliver innovative solutions which add Business value
• Background within software and software development, with experience of web development desirable.
• Proven skills in analysing and delivering against diverse business requirements.
• Expertise in large-scale transformations within business critical environments.
• Clear and proven organisation, analysis and structured thinking skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.