Compensation and MI Analyst
Business Area: HR
Place of Work: London or Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
Working closely with the Chief Human Resources Officer and the HRBP team to deliver the annual remuneration cycle and remuneration and benefits related activities and support the development and delivery of organisational people related measures, metrics and analytics (including reward) and related insights.
Remuneration & Benefits
• Support compensation cycle of activities including, for example, the annual compensation review, employee communications, benchmarking, diversity aligned pay review analysis and reporting.
• Management of all reward analytics and data.
• Develop the provision of total rewards reporting, analytics and insight, through the provision of high quality and accurate management information.
• Oversee the job level framework and develop ongoing policy for implementation
• Support the continuous improvement of rewards policies, processes, practices and communication
• Input into and preparation of reports for Committees and Boards.
• Provide support for ad hoc remuneration activities and projects (including the potential introduction of flexible benefits)
• Support the oversight, budgeting and communication of employee benefits.
Analytics and Insight
• Providing subject matter expertise (SME) on people and business data and analytics, with the ability to tell business relevant and compelling stories based on the data and insights whilst ensuring compliance with GDPR.
• In conjunction with the HR Systems and Service Officer, enhance people dashboards including regular KPIs/metrics as well as ad-hoc reporting including generating, reviewing and interpreting data.
• Support the enhancement of monthly people KPIs, including providing insight, commentary and outlook.
• Working closely with the third-party outsourced recruitment provider, develop insightful recruitment management information that provides relevant stakeholders with holistic data to support proactive resource and headcount planning and resourcing initiatives, such as diversity in recruitment.
• Keep abreast of best practice in people analytics, relevant regulatory and legislative changes (including those on data protection).
• Oversee tracking and reporting of HR projects and deliverables, inputting to Committee papers, and other key activities.
• Demonstrated experience working in an information-rich environment
• Practical experience of working with HR systems, analytics tools and research methods
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills to solve complex problems
• Strong knowledge and appreciation of reward techniques and principles including executive compensation market benchmarking and compensation modelling
• Advanced Excel knowledge including Power BI and VBA)
• Advanced PowerPoint and Word skills
• Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Action orientated highly collaborative with strong internal / external client centricity
Team player who is also able to work alone
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.