Business Area: Pensions Operations
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
Responsible for a specified range of administrative functions under supervision and direction
- Carry out automated and manual processes and calculations.
- Check and authorise other team members’ work as required.
- Communicate with institutions, scheme members and third parties as applicable regarding routine
queries arising from duties.
- Escalate non-routine or complex matters to Senior Administrator, Technical Administrator, Assistant
Team Manager or Team Manager as appropriate.
- Meet team specific duties and carry out ad-hoc duties as directed by Team Manager or Assistant Team
- Actively manage own workload to ensure that statutory, departmental and team targets are met.
- Keep up to date with relevant pension’s topics, legislation and scheme developments to support
ongoing personal development.
- Contribute to team meetings.
- Provide support and coaching to new starters in the team as part of the ‘buddy system’.
- Build and maintain relations with institution contacts, USS colleagues and regular third party contacts.
Managing Processes and Future Focus
- Contribute to projects, continuous improvement initiatives and other non-processing events as directed
by Team Manager.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft
- Numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of the team’s
processes, practices, objectives and targets
(including department and statutory
- Good knowledge of the pension
administration system used by the
- Good knowledge of the USS scheme rules,
practice and relevant legislation
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company’s Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members’ interests first.