Corporate Affairs Officer
Business Area: Corporate Affairs
Place of Work: Liverpool
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Full Time
The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we’re one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we’re entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
To provide administrative, social media, event delivery and copywriting support to the Corporate Affairs team.
• Provide administrative support for events and briefings (internal and external): work with suppliers, book dates/venues/rooms, send invitations, monitor responses, collate support materials, answer queries, and provide on-the-day support.
• Get involved in internal and external communications campaigns: providing ideas and input and supporting delivery.
• To manage the corporate LinkedIn site and other social media sites such as FB and Twitter andprovide updates as necessary and to monitor other social media outlets. To also update the corporate section on the new website.
• Manage shared inboxes: Corporate Affairs; Media Team; Internal Communications; Valuation; GCEO; ensure emails are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Co-ordinate member/employer correspondence requiring Corporate Affairs input: ensuring enquiries are logged and tracked.
• Assist with the preparation and production of presentations, reports and committee papers (including media monitoring analysis), as well as owned content (i.e. infographics, animations and films).
• Support the drafting and clearance of materials (internal and external), as required.
• Co-ordinate team meetings (i.e. room bookings, agendas, minutes).
• Monitor requests for communications support/activity, ensuring all requests are appropriately allocated and completed expediently.
• Monitor, update and manage content on the USS intranet, and work with ‘owners’ of relevant business sections to update as required.
• Manage corporate media subscriptions and associated licences (i.e. NLA).
• Compile and distribute ‘USS in the news’ on a daily and weekly basis, and maintain and circulate the communications grid.
• Raise purchase orders and receipt invoices on behalf of the Corporate Affairs team.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Planning, co-ordination and attention to detail
• Ability to manage competing priorities efficiently and effectively
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of integrity and discretion
• Open and honest approach
• Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation’s ethos and values
• Experience of working in communications teams desired
• SharePoint experience desired, but not essential
USSL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.